Today I received the first components necessary to rearrange the power of my "new" HALLICRAFTERS SR-2000 Hurricane.
I started with the replacement of the electrolytic power of screens.
From the first picture you can see already in place a new cap and the other two still waiting ..
This is old capacitors with wrap carton ... So much so that I have to get my hands I decided to replace them without hesitation.
This is the system I decided to follow for the replacement of parts on vintage equipment.
I copied the idea on a U.S. site which unfortunately I lost the address ..
In practice, it creates a spiral composed of a wire wound on the side of the pond 60/40.
To avoid having to unsolder the terminals to which the eyes are always combined with a fold of the terminal are cut flush with the latter component to be replaced, overlapped with the expiration of the new component to the terminals, and once you cut off the welded terminal Excess ...
pictures are worth more than a thousand words.
73s Mario
0 comments:
Post a Comment